Shop OEM Ford Ranger Parts & Ford Ranger Accessories Online
The Ford Ranger has a history dating back to the early 1980s. It has gone through various generations and changes over the years. Here's an overview of the history of the Ford Ranger:
First Generation (1983-1988):
- The Ford Ranger was introduced in 1983 as a compact pickup truck to replace the Ford Courier.
- It was available with a variety of engines, including four-cylinder and V6 options.
- The first-generation Ranger came in both two-door and four-door configurations with different bed lengths.
- It was offered with rear-wheel drive and four-wheel drive options.
Second Generation (1989-1992):
- The second-generation Ford Ranger, introduced in 1989, featured a more aerodynamic design.
- Engine options included four-cylinder, V6, and diesel engines.
- This generation saw various updates and improvements to safety and comfort features.
Third Generation (1993-1997):
- The third-generation Ranger, introduced in 1993, featured a more rounded and modern design.
- It continued to offer a range of engine options.
- This generation included the introduction of the Splash trim package, which was focused on sporty styling.
Fourth Generation (1998-2012):
- The fourth-generation Ranger, introduced in 1998, underwent significant changes.
- It featured new styling, improved safety features, and more powerful engines.
- The Ranger's size increased slightly, moving it closer to the mid-size category.
Fifth Generation (2012-2019):
- The fifth-generation Ranger was introduced in 2011 and was sold in various global markets but not in the United States.
- This generation of the Ranger was designed to be more of a mid-size pickup truck.
Return to the United States (2019-Present):
- The Ford Ranger made its return to the U.S. market in 2019 after an eight-year absence.
- The latest-generation Ranger is designed to compete in the mid-size pickup truck segment.
- It comes with a turbocharged four-cylinder engine and advanced technology features.
The Ford Ranger has had a long and varied history, and it has evolved to meet changing consumer preferences and market demands. Its reputation for durability, versatility, and reliability has made it a popular choice for both personal and commercial use over the years. Please note that there may have been updates or changes to the Ford Ranger since my last knowledge update in January 2022.